Thursday, February 3, 2011

Neuro-onc phone call.

Neuro-onc called tonight. Her results were completely normal, which rules out any terrible diseases. But, it does not tell us what she has. Or what to treat it with, or if to treat it at all. There is a chance this is a reaction to the grids that were placed in her brain to monitor her before the surgery. He has already sent out emails to "some guys" who only do histicytosis, including the Dr. in Houston. I appreciate they are taking their time and making good choices vs jumping to treatment. They want to treat her with the correct medication if they treat her at all. I want her to have the correct treatment above all else. 
In other great news, yesterday, she started moving her arm on command. She really can move it!! It is amazing. She jsut keeps doing it over and over. And she is so proud of herself. It really makes me proud of her. I can't believe she is really moving her arm and walking. But it makes me a little sad too, it is not moving like "normal." It is her new normal. But she is ok with it, and we will be too. 
She is ready to go home. She is asking about it more and more. But we are limping her through with visits from the dog and sister. I am ready to see what life is like and how we do on our own, but I am also scared. I will never be able to give her what these therapists do for her each day. I will just do my best, and that will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment