Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MRI tomorrow.

Someone is having a hemispherectomy today. It is weird to think we just did that EXACTLY 2 months ago. I remember her sleeping in the preop area. I remember them taking her away just as she woke up. She was goofy from the Versed. It went so smoothly. Even on the heels of the 9 hour surgery 10 days previous. It was so hard to wait in the waiting room, but I laughed when I walked in behind Mark and he had placed our stuff in the exact same place Amy and I had sat during the previous surgery. I quilted and Facebooked. It was actually a relief when they came out and told us they had resected the brain. There was no replacing it.  At least I couldn't chicken out anymore. It was probably about this time we were getting to see her in the ICU. I know exactly what that mom is going through. Her child is laying on one side, swollen monitored, and hopefully intermittantly awake and yet, still her child. It was hard and easy. 2 months ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment